Corycus Castle is located in Kizkalesi, at the 60th km of the Mersin - Erdemli - Silifke Highway. It was particularly inhabited during the Roman and Byzantine periods. It was also inhabited during the Islamic periods. It is understood from the works extracted from the necropolis that the first settlement here dates from the 4th century BC. In the 1st century BC, coins were struck in his name. Herodotus says that this city was founded by a Cypriot prince named Gorges. Because it was a port city of Cilicia, Corycus has changed hands several times. When Seleukhos Nikador founded the city of Silifke at the end of the 4th century BC, he took Corycus under his rule. The city came under Roman rule in 72 AD and remained under the rule of the Roman Empire for 450 years. During this period, it has made a great development in the field of agriculture and became the export center of olive oil.

During the Byzantine times, it was surrounded by strong city walls against Arab invasions. It became an important commercial port in the 13th century during the Cilician Armenian Kingdoms and became the port of the Genoese and Venetian ships. Korikos was captured by Karamanoğlu İbrahim Bey in 1448 and reconstructed. In the ruins, the inner and outer castle churches, cisterns, aqueducts, rock tombs, sarcophagi and stone-paved Roman roads are partially standing. It takes its name from the castle on the island. The square castle consists of two rows of walls. It was surrounded by a ditch. The entrance to the castle was provided by a moving bridge that does not exist today. The castle, as it is today, reflects typical medieval architectural features.